1) Apevia: 8/18/2022 Update – see Windows 11 Computer Upgrades & Clean Installs – Part 6 post. It is my main working computer running Win11 Pro. Components are: 1) Apevia X-Qpack3-NW-BK case, 2) Intel® i9-10900K CPU, 3) ASUS Prime Z490M-PLUS MoBo, 4) MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER™ VENTUS XS OC GPU, 5) 32GB of PNY DDR4 2400MHz memory, 6) Kingwin Hot Swap Mobile Rack w/USB 3.0 Hub, 7) Kingwin KF-251-BK Dual-Bay, 8) Rosewill ARC-550 – ARC Series 550W Power Supply, 9) Noctua’s NH-U9S which does an excellent job of cooling the CPU, 10) Win11 Pro is on a new SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB – M.2 NVMe Interface SSD (MZ-V7S500B/AM), 11) Adata XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD is being used for main DATA items. NOTE -older info: ‘Apevia’ computer’s new Upgrade/Rebuild.
2) Rose: 8/28/2022 – See the Computers & Lightning post: Intel Core i7-8700 Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.6 GHz LGA 1151 300 Series 65W CPU, GIGABYTE H310M A LGA 1151 (300 Series) Micro ATX Intel Motherboard, a
450W 650W Power Supply (Simi-modular), DVD Burner, a 3.5-inch front panel 2 Ports USB 3.0 USB Hub, 2×2.5″ SATA Tray-less Design Hot Swap, CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2400 (2×8), an EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 XC GPU, and all in a $20 ROSEWILL Micro ATX Mini Tower model FBM-01 case. MAIN Linux Test computer.
3) Frankenstein (AKA – ‘Frank‘): 8/31/2022 – see The Frankenstein computer post for more info. New computer made from older ones. Cooler Master Elite 130. ASUS PRIME H310I-PLUS mini-ITX MoBo. Intel® Core™ i9-9900 Processor. Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler. 16GBs (8×2) memory kit. 500W ATX PSU. ICY DOCK ExpressCage MB732SPO-B. GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB GDDR5 (GV-N105TOC-4GD) GPU.
4) 5/14/2022 – introducing ‘Sam‘ the Porteus ‘Lappy‘: Converted $314.57 Chromebook *UPDATE* – ‘YUMI UEFI & Porteus Linux & Modules‘ – will give it a try as a ‘Working‘ Linux laptop that helps during Linux tests.
5) XPS13 – a Dell XPS 13 9310 lappy.
DIYPC: 9/1/2022 UPDATE – this computer is not in use…sorta on semi-retired ‘Standby‘ list, and has now been moved out into a storage shed. Old info: after the recent Windows 11 PC post have decided to just add a new case wid the build … OK, new case ‘n new name – ‘DIYPC‘. 😉 Ryzen™ 5 3400G APU & old ASUS Prime A320M-K MoBo from a 2019 build. G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200). Only new part has been the DIYPC MA01-R case. Will use old spare power supply from 2006 Antec case, and add old spare HDD/SSD Hot Swap Sata Bay. The DIYPC MA01-R case is the worst case I’ve seen since 2006, and it will be the last computer I use out of the 6 desktops.
8/30/2022 UPDATE: InWin was gutted for MoBo. Old info – Intel i3-8100 .. small Form Factor with an InWin Mini-ITX case .. 8 GB’s G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series .. ASUS PRIME H310I-PLUS mini-ITX MoBo. Final cost for original build was – $402.84. Is now the TV computer.
8/28/2022 UPDATE: Antec Jr. – was struck by lightning or the surge from it, on 8/28/2022, and have gutted it for parts. See the Computers & Lightning post for more info. NOTE old info – Upgraded from a 2016 build using the same Antec Sonata Proto case…I consider it a new 2019 build using an old 2016 case and a CORSAIR CX-M Series CX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE semi-modular power supply. New Gigabyte Z390 UD MoBo was added, VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) kit, Intel® Core™ i9-9900 Processor, 3 different kinds of SATA Hot Swap Bays (*NO* internal drive/s on a Linux test machine), a DVD-rom, and a EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 XC GPU.
8/28/2022 UPDATE: CM130 – was also struck by lightning on 8/28/2022, and will eventually be gutted for parts. See the Computers & Lightning post for more info. NOTE old info: Small Form Factor build .. Cooler Master Elite 130 ‘n Ryzen™ 9 3900X w/ the Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler, 16GBs memory, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB GDDR5 (GV-N105TOC-4GD) GPU, Asus PRIME A320I-K mini-ITX board, 500W ATX PSU, ICY DOCK ExpressCage MB732SPO-B.
*RETIRED* 02/09/ 2021 – Antec Sr.: Old info starts here: Case is from a 2006 build – an Antec NSK6000 that I have recently added a power supply from a 2016 build…from that same 2016 build I also moved the Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor plus a Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P Motherboard, plus 32GB’s memory, CPU cooler – *ALL* intact and into the old Antec case, and in an open exterior 5.25” bay a USB 3.0 Front Panel 2 Port was added (now two 2.0 and two 3.0 USB ports on front). It also has two Hot Swap bays and a DVD-Rom. It is now my main Linux test machine. Original cost of that i5-6600K with Z170 MoBo was $267…just the CPU is now listed at $222 on Amazon, so that value remains steady even after 3 years. The 32 GBs of G.SKILL Ripjaws memory was $145 back then, and is a lot more now on Amazon. Basically, moving that entire CPU/MoBo/memory/CPU cooler/power supply into Antec Sr. was an upgrade value of at least $400-450 (one of the reason I have spent heavily on the Antec Jr. build).
Design & Developed by Buy Wordpress Templates